It’s Festival Week…
The Fen Edge Family Festival 2015 is going to be packed with activities for all ages, refreshments and food, stalls, live music and demonstrations and performances from a huge variety of the fantastic groups we have within the Fen Edge. Centred around the Village Green, College and Community Centre in Cottenham, the festival is an unmissable event that provides maximum enjoyment for everyone who attends, takes part or volunteers. Not only will the village demonstrate its vibrant community spirit with local groups clamouring to take part, but high profile musicians and entertainers will have joined the line up too. The excitement is really building.
There is so much for families to enjoy for free during the weekend and each fun packed day continues on into the evening.
Marvin, the Cambridge United football Club Mascot will be at the CVC sport Centre Reception on Saturday 20th June for photos! He will be appearing at 11.00AM – 12.00AM and then again at 2.00PM – 3.00PM
SAT 20th June 2015, 12.00 – 14.00 @ Cottenham Village College, FREE
Power up with sustainable energy. Help turn on the lights, power cars and toys with volunteers from the British Science Association, Cambridgeshire. You will use alternative energy sources: solar, wind and biofuel. Come learn about solar panels, windmills, wind turbines and how fruits and vegetables can be used as biofuel to power lights!
- Spider Mountain @ CVC playing fields – Saturday
- Human Table Football @ CVC playing fields – Saturday
- Cafe, Culture & Hair Salon @ CVC Sixth Form – Saturday
- Mini Landrovers @ CVC playing fields – Saturday
- Mrs Pott’s Vintage tearoom @ inside CVC – Sunday
- Vintage Vehicles @ front of CVC – Sunday
- Cambridge Lindy Hoppers @ The Venue Sunday (11.30 – 12.00)
- Animal Petting @ front of CVC Sunday
- Art Exhibition @ CVC main hall- Saturday & Sunday
We hope you will join in the fun at this unique event and enjoy some of the other highlights that the “Family Festival” has to offer.
- Cottenham Village Society in the Main Marquee – Venue was advertised.
- Scalextric in the Dining Room – Main Hall was advertised.